February 20, 2015
GGLAG March 24 tickets now on SALE!
Tickets to our Governor General's Literary Awards evening for March 24, 2015 are now on sale!
You can purchase tickets four ways:
1) In person at McNally Robinson Booksellers
2) Online through Paypal (click HERE)
3) In person at our office (phone ahead to make sure someone is here)
4) By phone (204-927-7323)
We accept cash, debit and credit cards at the office (credit cards only with phone orders).
More information on the event itself can be found HERE.
This event is organized in collaboration with the Canada Council for the Arts to celebrate the 2014 Governor General's Literary Awards.
February 13, 2015
Announcing: Second Annual Governor General's Literary Awards Gala!
We're thrilled to partner up with the Canada Council for the Arts again this year to celebrate the extraordinary writing happening in this country. CLICK HERE for more information, including how to buy TICKETS.
This event is organized in collaboration with the Canada Council for the Arts to celebrate the 2014 Governor General's LIterary Awards.
January 22, 2015
THIN AIR Book Sale - POSTPONED
Hi folks. We have some bad news.
The loading dock door in our building broke late this afternoon, and after a lot of deliberation we decided that there is no safe alternative to loading and unloading 250+ heavy boxes of books out of Artspace. So we have decided to postpone the book sale.
We apologize for the last minute notice.
We're hoping to reschedule in February, and we'll let you know as soon as we know.
Thanks again to all the volunteers who signed up for shifts this weekend (they have been individually contacted with this news).
January 20, 2015
Used Book Sale Fundraiser - THIS WEEKEND!
Our next book sale is this weekend:
Where: At the Forks Market
Friday, January 23 (noon to 9:30pm)
Saturday, January 24 (9:30am to 6:30pm)
Sunday, January 25 (9:30am to 5:00pm)
We have a great selection of used books at great prices:
$5 hardcovers, $2 softcovers, $1 all kid's books
Drop on by, grab a new (to you!) book and help support our organization!
January 9, 2015
Join our team!
TERM POSITION: Administrative Coordinator
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
We are seeking a team player who is organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and interested in being part of the non-profit cultural sector. Our new Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative and clerical support to facilitate our literary programming, including THIN AIR 2015, our off-season series, and our one-off events. Duties include basic office reception and correspondence, managing databases, and offering clerical and administrative support to all members of the team. (See detailed Schedule of Tasks below.)
Mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, is essential; training will be available for Mailchimp, SurveyGizmo, and other online support programs. Our successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, a team-oriented attitude, and an ability to thrive in a deadline-pressure work environment.
Since our festival is bi-lingual, the Administrative Coordinator must have written competence in both English and French.
Term: 16 February – 30 December 2015 (one term, with the possibility of renewal)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 3:00pm (25 hours/week)
Wage: $16,500 ($15/hour)
The Winnipeg International Writers Festival is a registered non-profit organization which abides by all Canadian employment regulations. Taxes and other employee deductions are processed at source.
Electronic applications preferred. Send a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for three references, to:
Perry Grosshans, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JANUARY 26. We will only contact candidates we select to interview.
WIWF ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR – SCHEDULE OF TASKS
The Administrative Coordinator will take primary responsibility for the sound operation of the Winnipeg International Writers Festival office, and will offer administrative support to ensure the successful delivery of all programming initiatives, including THIN AIR, the Spring and Fall Literary Series, the THIN AIR Used Book Sales, and other programming initiatives that might be implemented by the Festival Director.
NOTE: The Winnipeg International Writers Festival hosts events in both English and French; written competence in both languages is essential.
To that end, the Administrative Coordinator will:
• manage the WIWF office, including general office filing, correspondence, and upkeep of office machinery and services (fax, phone, computers, internet, etc); and act as the office receptionist, answering or redirecting telephone, email, fax, and in-person queries;
• offer administrative support to the Director, including but not limited to: managing information connected with featured or potential writers (contact data, schedule information, performance times/venues, travel and accommodation details); undertaking and tracking correspondence by mail, email, phone with featured and potential writers and publishers; managing email databases and survey sites; and preparing office documents (report submissions, business correspondence);
• offer administrative support to the General Manager in connection with basic financial and production business, including but not limited to: maintaining database for donors, advertising clients, and vendors; managing database for box office information and ticket sales; coordinating volunteer support for off-season Used Book Sales;
• offer administrative support to the Coordonnatrice du Livres en fête, including but not limited to: managing information connected with featured or potential writers (contact data, schedule information, performance times/venues, travel and accommodation details);
• offer administrative support to the School Program Coordinator in connection with school registrations and writer schedules;
• offer administrative support to the Publicist/Audience Development Coordinator (or designate) in connection with website and social media;
• offer administrative support to other members of the Winnipeg International Writers Festival team as needed, and as deemed appropriate by the Director;
• assume other duties as assigned.
The Administrative Coordinator works in close cooperation with the Director and General Manager and reports to the Director.
Download a PDF copy of the Job Description HERE.
January 5, 2015
THIN AIR Booksale - Jan 23, 24, 25
Save the Date!
Our next used booksale fundraiser is the weekend of January 23, 24, 25! We will once again be at the Forks Market, thanks to our wonderful friends at the Forks.
We have LOTS of new stock of used books from wonderful donors for you to purchase (cheap!) and give them new homes.
Spread the word! And we'll see you there.